Happy Canada Day!! I hope my Canadian readers and members are having a lovely day off! Not only is today a holiday, but it’s opening night for my new show!! I’ve been hard at work over the last month working on a new musical called Breadwinner by Megan Benjafield as a part of the Toronto Fringe Festival and the time has finally come for us to have an audience. I’m so excited!!
Our amazing director Megan (who also wrote the show) put together a top 10 list of reasons to see it and I loved it so much that I’m posting it here!
Top 10 Reasons to Come See Breadwinner at the Toronto Fringe
10. You've read one of the dozens of articles in the current media about "The End of Men", or "The Alpha Woman" and want to know what all the fuss is about.
9. You are the female breadwinner in your relationship, and you want to see yourself reflected on stage.
8. You miss your girlfriends and don't want to wait for your next annual girls' weekend to feel that bond!
7. Your wife makes more than you do and you don't understand her.
6. You know someone in the cast, band or crew! (You know you owe it to them to see their work, they've come and seen yours!)
5. You try to catch all of the Fringe Musicals every year.
4. You want to hear some funky music, some contemporary ballads, a comedic group song and a character song, from some killer singers.
3. You want to see lively discussions from dishes to boners.
2. You want to be one of the first people talking about it at the Fringe tent.
1. There will definitely be things to talk about after you leave the theatre!
Thursday, July 1, 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 3, 1:45 p.m.
Sunday, July 4, 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 6, 4:45 p.m.
Thursday, July 8, 5:45 p.m.
Friday, July 9, 2:15 p.m.
Saturday, July 10. 9:45 p.m.
At The Annex Theatre, 1 block south of Bloor, on Bathurst.
Tickets are $10 at the door, or available through The Toronto Fringe Festival through various methods.
Have an amazing day off and I hope to see you at the theatre!! I’ve also got some exciting posts up my sleeve for July now that I’m going to have some time to sit down and write so stay tuned!