Rather than issue a challenge for the week, I think it’s time for a little self reflection... Here’s what I’ve learned in the past 52 days:
·The scale truly is nothing but a number. Feeling good comes from the inside
· If you’re not feeling good, don’t just sit there – do something about it
· A little bit of green juice goes a long way
· I will say yes to pretty much anything at least once (sometimes thanks to Groupon and peer pressure and guarantees of giggles)
· When something small is bothering me, my inclination is to eat. When something really big is bothering me, I don’t want to eat anything. Interesting measurement of how I feel, but neither are a good idea
· I can work out in the morning and feel great all day
· I make better choices during the day when I work out in the morning
· Sometimes spin instructors say things to be motivating, but they really sound inappropriate... especially when you’re with your BFF at 7am in the morning
· Community support is integral to my success (which is why Weight Watchers worked so well for me in the first place)
· Being able to take a compliment is an important skill. Even when they’re from naked people
(And if some of these learnings seem a little bit random... follow me on Twitter and it will all come together...)
To celebrate the end of the challenge, I’m hosting outdoor yoga and a pot luck on Sunday June 26. You can check out the event invitation for details. It would be so lovely to see you there! So far there are 7 of us doing the class and potlucking afterward.
Yesterday my little sister and I enjoyed a belated birthday celebration and congratulated ourselves for all our morning workouts of late with a date at Body Blitz spa. Ladies, if you’ve never been, I suggest you get on that. ASAP. You’ll leave feeling blessed out and zen and you’ll probably have an amazing time with your gal pals. Such a lovely way to spend the afternoon.
I'm excited for the summer and to continue all the good stuff I've been doing over the last 52 days: listening to my body, positive self talk, eating well, exercising and smiling. I've also got a lot to look forward to Toronto Fringe right around the corner (with tickets for Cellar Hotel on sale now), Into the Woods coming up in August. I'm also heading back to NYC August 25-29 (I promise there's a blog post or two about my trip in the works) and heading back to Ashley's cottage for the August long weekend.
And then it'll be fall.
Thank you to those of you who participated in the challenge. I would love to hear about your learnings and what you're going to take forward into the summer. And if you haven't already, you should go check out my Nourishtea giveaway which ends on Thursday night!!