Even with all of this exciting progress and general good feelings as a result of working out regularly again, part of me keeps asking myself, why the heck am I doing this? (This usually happens right before I am going to do a workout or in the midst of Shaun T telling me to do something ridiculous)
Before starting this crazy journey, I had recently gotten to a place where I felt really good about my body. I'm happy with the way that I eat and feel comfortable with how I look and how my clothes fit. I feel good when I look in the mirror (win!) Things are looser than they have been in the last two years. A pair of jeans that didn't fit for a long time are now becoming too baggy for me to wear. The scale hasn't mattered for a long time and the nagging negative thoughts went away a long time ago. Also - Insanity it NOT EASY and it means finding the time to work out 6 days a week. So why bother?
- It feels AMAZING to have a juicy goal and be taking measurable steps each day towards reaching it.
- I almost always feel better after a workout than before I started. Love those feelings
- I can feel myself getting stronger every day. Even seeing the progress over two weeks in the Fit Test was encouraging.
- And even for the exercises where I made small strides, I know that I'm doing them with better form than I did the first go round.
- I've been sleeping like a baby and find myself being extra conscious of my food choices (without obsessing over 'good' and 'bad' foods)
- I would love to get back to my fittest and feel AWESOME there (and not be concerned about losing "the last five pounds" -- what was I thinking?!)
- I mostly want to prove to myself that I CAN do this, FINISH it, see RESULTS and OWN it