Even with all of this exciting progress and general good feelings as a result of working out regularly again, part of me keeps asking myself, why the heck am I doing this? (This usually happens right before I am going to do a workout or in the midst of Shaun T telling me to do something ridiculous)
Before starting this crazy journey, I had recently gotten to a place where I felt really good about my body. I'm happy with the way that I eat and feel comfortable with how I look and how my clothes fit. I feel good when I look in the mirror (win!) Things are looser than they have been in the last two years. A pair of jeans that didn't fit for a long time are now becoming too baggy for me to wear. The scale hasn't mattered for a long time and the nagging negative thoughts went away a long time ago. Also - Insanity it NOT EASY and it means finding the time to work out 6 days a week. So why bother?
- It feels AMAZING to have a juicy goal and be taking measurable steps each day towards reaching it.
- I almost always feel better after a workout than before I started. Love those feelings
- I can feel myself getting stronger every day. Even seeing the progress over two weeks in the Fit Test was encouraging.
- And even for the exercises where I made small strides, I know that I'm doing them with better form than I did the first go round.
- I've been sleeping like a baby and find myself being extra conscious of my food choices (without obsessing over 'good' and 'bad' foods)
- I would love to get back to my fittest and feel AWESOME there (and not be concerned about losing "the last five pounds" -- what was I thinking?!)
- I mostly want to prove to myself that I CAN do this, FINISH it, see RESULTS and OWN it
Three weeks into this program and all of these reasons really resonate with me. I am excited to continue on this journey and keep adding reasons to the list.
Even when it gets tough.
Even when I feel like I 'don't have time'
Even when it's frustrating or hard.
Even when I don't want to.
As I said in week one, I am determined to finish Insanity this time around and my list of 'whys' are keeping me motivated to continue pushing through and reach my goal!!
What's your 'why'? What keeps you motivated to stick with working out / working towards your goals?