My sweet friend Ali over at Not Hip Enough to Blog tagged me in this fun this little game and it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything like this so I thought I would play along!
Eleven Random Facts About Moi
1. An experience with a giant albino catfish that lived in our home aquarium when I was 6 years old made me really afraid of fish. Yes, fish. I nearly conquered my fear but then had another really horrible experience when I was in my early 20’s involving the death of an eel. Aquariums and fresh water lakes freak me out big time.
2. I live with 3 dudes. This surprises a lot of people, but with the exception of a few months last year when Nicole lived with us, I hadn’t lived with females since I was 13. We have a great dynamic in our house and I’m really lucky to live with such cool, intelligent, eclectic people.
3. I wish I had kept up with art. I always enjoyed drawing and crafts and being creative when I was a lot younger, but gave up art class for drama and music instead. One of my goals this year is to get back into that my doing more crafts and I’m planning to start an art journal.
4. I read the book Before I Go To Sleep in about 48 hours over Christmas. It was chilling and addictive. Go read it.
5. Before I moved out on my own, I didn’t know how to cook. It’s funny that cooking and baking has become such a big part of my routine. I started off simple and moved on to more complicated things, but I definitely learned. I’m still don’t have awesome knife skills, and I’m definitely more comfortable when I’m using a recipe, but I think I’ve come a long way.
6. I rarely ever wear pants. Usually only at the gym or lazing around the house, and I wear jeans maybe once every couple months. I’m always in a dress or a skirt.
7. Last year I discovered that I was 5’7. I thought I was 5’6 for much of my life, but at my physical last year my doctor told me I was 5’7. I’ll take it.
8. At the end of February I’m going for a colpopscopy after 2 abnormal pap smears in 6 months. I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t freaking out a little bit and have cried more than once over it. After talking with quite a few friends, I’ve realized that it’s rather common (why the f do they call them “abnormal” then?!) but it’s still not fun to have to wait to see a specialist and have an invasive medical procedure done. Think good thoughts for me. I’m planning a blog post about this ‘abnormal’ business.
9. For a long time, I thought twitter was really stupid. Then I got it. And fell in love. And haven’t looked back.
10. My favourite Spice Girl was Ginger Spice. In the eighth grade my nickname was even Ginger or Geri (it also helped that I had red hair and ‘developed’ early) I was disappointed when Geri left the band, but followed her career after her departure. I definitely own more than one of her cd’s, both of her books, her yoga DVD’s and have multiple autographed photos. One of my favourite concerts ever was the (reunited) Spice Girls at the Skydome a few years ago. I danced and sang along to every song, squealed a lot and maybe shed a tear or three. My
not-so inner teeny bopper was thrilled.
11. I feel things really intensely. It’s a blessing and a curse.
Ali’s questions for me
1. What is your middle name?
Jacqueline. After my dad’s only sister.
2. What is the best movie you've ever seen?
I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I love love and the relationship between Joel and Clementine is so crazy, beautiful, tragic and real. I’m lucky if I don’t start crying at the beginning of the movie, but I’m getting better since I’ve seen it many times now. “I loved you on this day. I love this memory.” I’ve experienced love a few times in my life, and even when it ended badly, I don’t think I would want to go back and erase it all.
3. If you could see any band/artist in concert, who would you choose?
I recently scored tickets to Snow Patrol right after my birthday, which makes me really happy.
I would love to see Bernadette Peters in concert. I think that would be unbelievable.
5. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
That’s such a big question… I think I would want everyone to be more tolerant of one another. Get rid of the bullying, racism, negative stigmas and general judgement. We’d all be a lot happier and the world would be a better place as a result.
6. What do you do to recharge?
It depends. Sometimes recharging means spending time with one or some of my best girlfriends for giggles and dancing and good stories. Other times I prefer to recharge on my own snuggled up with a good book and cup of tea. It depends on how I’m feeling and what it feels like I need.
7. What would an ideal weekend look like for you?
An ideal weekend for me would include time at my Weight Watchers meetings on Saturday morning, followed by a nap in the afternoon and probably some tea. I would then do some shopping at Damzels and Tabula Rasa and some of my other favourite stores in the east end. I would spend time getting ready whilst eating sushi and putting on a dress to head out with my girlfriends for a night of martinis and dancing with probably some live music. I’d have time to sleep in on Sunday morning, maybe snuggle with a cute boy before heading out for a late brunch and enjoy a day walking and talking in the sunshine. Good friends. Good food. Cute boy. Dresses. Sunshine. Win.
8. What is one thing you wish you could blog about but you feel like you can't/shouldn't?
I hesitate to swear on my blog. In everyday conversation I tend to swear a lot more. I keep it pretty PG-13 on the bloggy.
9. How many hours a week do you spend watching tv?
0. I don’t have a tv.
10. If you could do anything with your life to make money, what would you choose?
It sounds really contrived, but just something that made me happy and allowed me to help others in some way. I aspire to keep things simple and keep smiling.
11. What is your favourite smell?
I’m really digging this Vanilla Coconut fragrance by Lavanila I found at Sephora a couple weeks ago. I had been using a coconut body spray for a long time, but this stuff is even better. I also really love the smell of men’s cologne.
I’m totally going to break the rules and not tag anyone… but if you’d like to go ahead and answer Ali’s questions, you’re more than welcome to!
Did you learn something new? Any random facts I should know about you?