Working out at the gym
And many more!!
We agreed that activity is a lot more fun when you truly enjoy it!
At this week's meeting we're talking about how far Weight Watchers has come since it's inception. Weight Watchers was founded by Jean Nidetch and the company was incorporated in 1963. It's gone through a lot of changes over the years. There's a great article on dwlz.com about the program rules in 1972. Check out these recipe cards with pictures of recipes from the program in 1974. They don't look very appealing!! I wouldn't have survived!! There were so many rules, so many banned foods and it just wasn't as flexible and as liveable as it is today, nor did any of the recipes look very good!
I love the current Weight Watchers program. It has changed slightly since I started in 2006, but much of it is the same and I adore it!!
So for this week's challenge we're going to eat like Olympians and focus on one of the wonderful aspects of the current program and that is the...
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables each day
- Choose whole grain foods whenever possible
- Include 2 servings of milk products each day
- Have 2 tsp of healthy oil each day
- Make sure you get enough protein
- Limit added alcohol and sugar
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day (1 glass = 250 mL or 8 oz)
- Take a multi vitamin mineral supplement each day
This week I challenge you to choose 1 GHG that you've been neglecting and encorporate it into your week
Check out your Week One booklet for further details on the guidelines or check out this article on ww.ca
Post details of the guideline you've chosen and how you're doing it on a daily basis in the comments section of this post
Have an amazing week